Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.”
I asked God to open the faucet
Longing for words to flow from within,
Feeling dried up and useless
Like ink in a fountain pen.
In frustration I let my mind wander
Suddenly words tumbled forth
It always helps to dip
The pen in the inkwell
Only God can create from dust.
©22 January 2018
“I’m a pot. And I’m a vessel. Made to hold, something special. But a vessel is empty unless it is used. So, fill me up and use me, however You choose.” **
Are you having trouble in your writing? Are you having trouble coming up with words to say to someone or to write? Take heart. Even Moses and Aaron hesitated to speak to God’s people and Pharoah.
But if you really want to write — especially to encourage others in the Lord — then you need to pray and ask God to speak to you and write through you.
You can do it all by yourself. Or you can do it in God’s strength. Your pick! But I would wager you will do better with God’s help.
“Even Aaron, who could speak well, yet could not speak to purpose, unless God gave constant teaching and help; for without the constant aid of Divine grace, the best gifts will fail” (Matthew Henry Commentary).
So, if you’re feeling a little sluggish. Maybe a little timid. Remember, nothing we do well for God is done without His help.
While you’re praying, try these tricks:
- Get out your Bible. Read whatever you feel God is asking you to and journal about it. See what comes to mind.
- Go for a nature walk. Take some pictures and when you get home, write a description about what you saw.
- Take a nap. Sometimes when you wake up you are most refreshed for creativity.
- Do some cleaning. I find cleaning, for whatever reason but no idea, gets my creative juices flowing.
- Stare out the window. Seriously, letting your mind wander can be a productive endeavor.
However you decide to do it, keep writing, speaking, singing, performing (add your own in here) … Keep dreaming. Keep working. Keep seeking.
From My Heart to Yours,
**Share a Little Sunshine, Clark & Jan Gassman, Light Records ©1989
Pictures provided by www.pixabay.com